California

California

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What did Katie Do?

Yesterday I started my workout. I was able to walk for ten minutes on the treadmill and actually was able to run 1.5 miles without stopping. Overall it took me about 30 minutes running speed was about 3.5. I felt so slow but was so proud of myself that I could actually run.
 Today after work I was excited and thought to myself that today would be as easy as yesterday. However, running on the road was a different experience. When I started running I heard a fast clicking noise behind me I jump. In the back of my mind all I could think of was car. It didn't occur to me that it wasn't a car because it was moving too fast. As I stopped to look two antelope zoomed past me to get to the farm field east of me. It was kind of exciting to me the baby didn't seem too impressed. My run turned into a fast twenty minute walk due to my bladder. So lesson learned. A treadmill is actually kinder to your knees and bladder than an actual road.

1 comment:

  1. It's definitely harder on the road. You have to deal with gravity, wind resistance, and friction (not to mention pushing a baby stroller at times). But you get better moments---you'd never see antelope on a treadmill run!

    ReplyDelete