California

California

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

June to September

     What is faith? According to one Church of Jesus Christ primary song entitled Faith,  faith is knowing the sun will rise lighting each new day. Faith is knowing the lord will hear each time you pray. Faith is like a little seed if planted it will grow. Faith is the swelling within my heart. When i do right I know. I grew up in primary singing this song and honestly believing it. However, we all know when everything is going well faith is easy to sustain.
      My faith was tried and retested as I found out the results of each PRAXIS test. Number four about did me in. My faith was shaken and I was very angry at everything when receiving my failing results for the fourth time. The test itself cost me $90.00-$125.00 each time. So this trial was not only long but costly. It had cost me my career, the life I had known and my pride. June was my self pitty month. I was depressed. However, my sweet son renewed my faith. Each day this amazing little boy showed me love ten fold with want of nothing in return except hugs and kisses from me. You want to know selfless love? Looking at my 1 1/2 yr old was this shining example of it. He loved me regardless of my profession, praxis scores and/ or income. He showed me an example of perfect Christ like love. I started feeling my spirits starting to lift. I knew regardless of the outcome that I had to have faith that everything was going to work out the way it was suppose to.
      When I received my test scores for the fifth time. It still echoes in my ears as I was on the opposite end on the phone as my sister read my results to me, pass. I cried. I have never felt so humbled in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment